What the enemy plans for us God turns to good.
- Moses had to run out of Egypt, Satan thought he had him but in the desert he was to God to survive in the desert. Led the Israelites to freedom.
- Daniel – the Jerusalem’s bet young men was led to captivity and appeared to be victory for Satan. His strategy was to isolate the Godly young men. Again his plan boomeranged.
What Satan used for captivity God used for Royalty. Daniel was asked to serve at the kings court. The very man Satan sought to silence spent most of his life praying to God.
- Paul – Satan hoped prison would silence Paul in prison. He wrote Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians in jail. Satan is angry when disciples because it’s written in Victory.
- Peter – denied Christ – Satan thought he won – plan backfired. Rather than an example how he fell = peter became an example of his Grace.
- Deliver us from the evil one.
- God to tempt us
- Deliver us from the evil means
- Father and Son – The world is treacherous – dangerous – Lord take my weak hand in thy strong hand
- Psalm 37:23-24 the steps of the Godly is directed by God. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
- The evil one – Isaiah 14:13-15
- Lucifer uses I will – I will, he wants us to follow him unless we deny ourselves / we cannot follow Jesus
- All angels are inferior to God
- God knows everything. They just know what God reveals.
- God is everywhere. They can just be in one place.
- God is all powerful. Angels are powerful as God allows them to be.
Satan – is still a servant to God
- Every time the enemy advances his cause – he advances God’s cause
Satan has limited power. He cannot do anything that God does not permit him.
- 1 John 4:4– Greater is he who is in you than the devil in the world.
- The wolf cannot get in the sheep without the Shepherd.
- The Shepherd will only permit the attack if in the long term the pain is worth the gain.
- The purpose is to provide testimony to the Church
- Trial becomes your testimony
- Your difficulty – 1 Cor 10:13 – Gens 50:20 Example Jesus – Satan thought he conquered Him.
- God uses the devil – Refine the Sleepy. Awaken the sleeping, Teach the Church